Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Happenings lately

Busy, busy, busy... as usual! I swear, we've had something going on just about every weekend so far, and it seems that it'll continue that way for a little while longer. Not necessarily complaining- our weekends have been great, but you know that feeling where you're just ready to be DONE? Done with events and commitments and get-togethers and entertaining and all of that. Not for good, but just for a little bit. To catch your breath. To catch up on sleep. To spend time with family. I've reached that point but am tryinggggg to stop and remind myself how lucky and blessed I am that I have the opportunities to do all of the wonderful things we've been doing. Such assssssss...


A weekend at the lake with friends while my in-laws (well- basically just my MIL, as my FIL was pretty sick so tried to keep his distance) watched Brayden. It was much-needed and was so nice and relaxing to get away a little bit. But Little Man wasn't far from our minds! (It's funny how you get to a point where you feel so ready to just kind of get away and take a break with your spouse or friends or what not, and then as soon as you do, you wonder why you were so ready to go off in the first place because you're missing your little one so much.)
Received these 2 pics of my sweetness from my MIL while we were gone. I couldn't even deal.

And my big boy got his first haircut. Per my mother. As he sat in his swing (his favorite place of all time). I'll let you see for yourself the progression of his mood and emotions as we attempted it.

We headed off to Nola for some of our best friends' wedding.

My hubby and son were both in the wedding. Could you diiiiiie from the cuteness?! I did.
Just my son trying to hide his face while the group took pics. Nbd. [Excuse the blurriness.]

And then there was the photoshoot that Brayden and I had while we waited for my aunt to [so kindly] come pick him up so he could get his cute behind to sleep and Daddy and Mama could let loose a bit with friends. :) I swear, all the kid wanted to do as we took pictures was fake cough [because remember, we're soooo into that these days] and pretend to hide his face [which he so adorably does by placing his hands by his ears instead of in front of his eyes and face. I melt!].

Then it was time for some grown-up time! Seeing some of our closest friends that we don't get to see as much anymore due to everyone's busy schedules and living all over the country was seriously the bessssst. I live for nights like this.

LIFE. IS. GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you feel about needing one of those "do nothing" weekends! While it's so great to see your calendar lined up with fun things to come, it can be a little overwhelming in the midst of it all!

    Your son is soooo cute! I just love his little suspenders and matching tie and socks!

    ReplyDelete