Sunday, January 4, 2015

New year, fresh start

Well, it didn't take this girl very long to fall off the blogging bandwagon... again. Insert red-faced emoji. Blah! I kick myself for doing things like this- I get into these moods where I'm motivated and determined and GOING to do something, change something, whatever it is, and I do really well for a short period of time, and then I just... lose it. I don't know if it's motivation, I don't know if it's because the task or issue at hand just seems or becomes too overwhelming, but whatever it is... I'm over it. It's a flaw of mine that I've struggled with for awhile, but I'm saying no more in 2015! Said this before. Been here before. Why should now be different? Well... it's not, really. Maybe I'll fall off the blogging face of the earth again. Maybe I won't. Maybe I'll eventually stop blogging altogether because I can't keep up with it. Or maybe I won't. Unfortunately, I've packed my crystal ball away with all my Christmas decorations (sad day), but all I can say is I will try. I will try to continue this journey I've started. I will try not to overwhelm myself by taking on too much (which I really think is what it might boil down to?). I will have more faith and determination... in myself? It's a new year, and I'm ready for change!

Starting with...

Organizing my house. And my life. I've always considered myself fairly organized and Type A... until  I stumbled across the most wonderful, adorable blog- IHeart Organizing. Oh my jeeeeez! Jen takes it to a whole new level and has me all kinds of inspired. I'm trying very, VERY hard to take her advice and not get toooooo caught up in organizing every little thing right away... because I KNOW that'll be a recipe for disaster. But I am getting my ish together, one little space at a time. And I feel good about it!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year!

LET'S DO THIS, 2015.

5 comments:

  1. Story of my life! I was determined to blog many times a month, at least once a week. Now I'm lucky to do one a month! Don't be too hard on yourself over it; do it for yourself and no one else and it will become a beautiful place of memories and nothing forced. :)

    Happy new year! And good luck organizing your house! Look forward to more of your posts throughout the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true- even though I only blog for me and to keep up with memories and what not, I still kick myself when I let it go because I don't want to look back and feel like I didn't post as much as I wanted for memories' sake... if that makes sense? Thanks so much for your positive thoughts and well wishes though! :) Looking forward to posts from you as well!

      Delete
    2. That absolutely makes sense! It's what keeps me going as well :)

      Delete
  2. Blog when you have time! It's not an assignment.
    I wish you & yours a very happy 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Thanks so much! :) Happy 2015 to you, too!

      Delete