Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Since I last blogged...

WE GOT PREGNANT!!!

Doesn't everybody take 3 [at least]?!

Our little monkey!
Announced it via this pic!
Gender reveal for our sweet baby BOY!
WE HAD THE MOST INCREDIBLE, BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!



WE HAD THE BUSIEST, CRAZIEST, BEST YEAR OF OUR LIFE WITH OUR AMAZING LITTLE MAN.


Watching him grow, change, hit milestones, and develop the sweetest little personality has been indescribable. Before we knew it, we were celebrating his 1st birthday this past June. Amazing how quickly time goes by, and I'd say we're just trying to hold on to every moment. It's like a good friend and coworker once told and continues to tell me... "Don't blink." It's so friggin' true. Life goes by wayyyy too fast, and it's so important to just STOP once in awhile and take it all in.

What else happened in the past couple of years [since I last blogged]?

-Hubby and I celebrated our 2nd and 3rd wedding anniversaries!
This is from our 3rd wedding anniversary this past June in sunny CA (despite the Instagram filter making it look like it was overcast- swear it wasn't)! We took a mini getaway and celebrated. :) Our 2nd anniversary was [well] spent in the hospital with Little Man... he was born the day before. ;)

-I completed my first full year of teaching! Big accomplishment, considering it was definitely a challenging year full of highs and lows. [Oh, and I got pregnant and was throughout most of the school year. ;)] I wouldn't have been able to make it through near as well if it hadn't been for my amazing teaching partner, 1st grade teammates, and the rest of my coworkers at school.

-We decided that I wouldn't go back to teaching full-time. It was a very difficult and somewhat bittersweet decision but absolutely the best and right one for us and our family. Chris and I have always said that it is our hope that I will be able to be a SAHM once kids come around, and we wanted to stay true to that and do our best to make it happen. Because I had been teaching a shorter time than I assumed I'd be when kids came, we decided that I would substitute teach 2 days a week (while my mom so wonderfully and graciously babysits) and be at home with the babe the other 3 days. It's a balance that worked SOOOO stinkin' well this past year, we're keeping it going this year as well. People ask all the time when I'm going back full-time. And I don't necessarily take the option completely off the table because, let's face it- teaching is one of those great professions that you can get back into whenever- but I'm just not sure that I will. I think our family's ultimate goal is that I will stay at home with kids full-time, especially once we have more... Never say never, but right now, subbing provides a great balance, still gives me a little something on the side (because I'm not busy enough), and is a small way of continuing to help provide for the family... without being too time-consuming, the way a full-time job might be (which, by the way, I have the UTMOST RESPECT for mothers who do! Just sayin' that our family's personal thoughts are that I wouldn't have to work full-time after having Brayden, so I'm merely saying that subbing provides a little something without the regular demands of a full-time job. Now that I've repeated myself... but just wanted to clear that up!) Anywayyyy... we'll see what the future holds! Our arrangement right now works nicely, is all I'll say. :)

-We've been to and been a part of more weddings than we can count. It's so fun, but mannnnn... weddings are WERRRRRK. And I don't mean for the bride and groom (though obvi I think of you all first and foremost. Ahem). The travel (because some lots have been out of town), costs, time, commitment... you don't realize how much it might be until you're involved, especially if it's over and over. Not complaining! Just saying. I've loved every minute and am so appreciative of all the rockstars who did the same for Chris and me! ;)

-Chris has moved up at work. And is doing mighty well, if I do say so myself. Accounting is toughhhh, and I know I could never do it. So, props to my man. He is wonderful and awesome and hard-working and does SO friggin' much for our family. We're forever grateful.

-Just been livin' and lovin' life! Truly, truly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. What an eventful time you've been through!
    New follower here (I'm Jen)-found you via To the Moon & Back's blog.
    I look forward to reading more of your blog

    ReplyDelete